Explore & Experience Dorion
Only 70 kilometres east of Thunder Bay, Dorion gives you the best of both worlds -- rural serenity at a close distance to Northwestern Ontario's urban centre. Dorion is 212 square kilometres of the vast northern boreal forest spotted with many inland lakes, rivers and streams swimming with pickerel and trout. If you're seeking northern adventure and relaxation, Dorion is the place to be. The regional tourism opportunities are endless, the experience is unforgettable and the people are warm and friendly.
Come see for yourself... Explore Dorion in Canyon Country!
The Linda Tolmonen Memorial Award is awarded in memory of Linda, a former Reeve and outstanding citizen of the Dorion community for many years.
Each year Enbridge looks for nominations from Dorion citizens to honour a group/individual in the community with the following qualifications: a resident of Dorion Township for at least one year AND must exemplify strong ethics including fairness, honesty, respect toward others, passion, and dedication.
The Award for $1,000 will be announced each year
ahead of the Christmas Season
NOMINATION FORM - Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2022
Declaration of Acclamation to Office
Here are a few key dates for 2022 Municipal and School Board Election candidates.
- Monday, May 2, 2022 - Nominations open for Reeve, Councillor and School Board Trustee candidates.
- Friday, August 19, 2022 - Nomination Day, last day for filing nomination between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 24, 2022 - Voting Day
- Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - New term of Council commences.
- More information - Please check back for more information on Municipal Election updates
MUSEUM COMMITTEE VACANCIES
The Township of Dorion is inviting applications from residents who are interested in becoming a member of the MUSEUM COMMITTEE